Sunday 6 June 2010

Effects of time

When I was younger, I heard my mum ask my older cousin what kind of man she'd love to settle with..my cousin's exact reply was ' I want a tall chocolate skinned, well to do,educated, God fearing, young man'. My mum started laughing and told her she could as well create her own man.. And my cousin went on and on about how God knows her taste and would only grant her heart desires..I loved what she said then cause I've always had eyes for bigger things in life.. Seeing myself dating no other but the hunks, living in posh environments, attendin the best of schools..brap brapp!
7years later am 22 and my cousin is 30! I asked her the exact question my mum asked her years back over dinner today, and her reply was “see winifred, God did not favour we women with opinions or choices..that was why he created eve and gave her to adam without even giving her the choice Of determining if adam was her kind of guy or not. At this point in my life, anyone God gives me I'l take as long as he's not jobless and crippled!”. I laughed really hard after she said this because my she is really pretty and have always had the most desired men chasing after her every where she showed her face.. But being single at the age of 30 totally transformed the way she handles life or handled it. It got me thinking that I should probably stop being choosy as well and start dating regular but not random people and doing things that normal people do..my cousin said if the right man doesnt come forth soon she'l become an active member in the church to get one of the members to marry her. Imagine! Why do we ladies feel we are don't have choices to make or our opinion about things r not needed when we get to a certain stage of our lives? Is the maximum achievement in life really marriage? Off course marriage is supposed to be in everyone's agenda but when it is not forthcoming do we then begin to kiss ass for some random person to pop the question?
The answer is NO! As humans, we are all entitled to different opinions and choices! We should still have those intact even though we are 40 and things are not going as planned or falling into place.. My cousin doesn't agree with me but well...its my opinion and it STANDS!

4 comments:

  1. ‎​well, I think I agreed with you to an extent but I think ladies should not be too choosy when it comes to relationship.
    Many people have give up better guys all on the name of being choosy. I'm not saying ladies should be kissing asses and at the same time will not support ladies feeling that they are free to leave their life as they want. It is true that we are the custodian of our destiny but we should not forget that God is the creator and he want the best for us no matter what we have been through or going through right now.
    Always keep praying and he will answer, remember his ear is not deaf to hear us nor his hand short to deliever us.
    So, ladies not been too choosy and always look for God direction. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the commment....not too choosy on the ladies path but stil being a little choosy is still alright...i strongly believe in the saying "different sizes to different shoes"

    ReplyDelete
  3. winidodo, i strongly agree wit u... i love d write up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwww....means a lot oyinkan..thank you. but na wa oo..why are u calling me winidodo again here?? lmao!

    ReplyDelete